We're excited to be exhibiting and attending the SHRM Annual Conference! It's right here in Chicago, our own backyard! Chicago is known for many things, including deep dish pizza and the Magnificent Mile. We picked out a few for you to check out while you're here:
We hope you have time to eat some of the city's famous food!
- Chicago style hotdog. You can find these and other Chicago classics and Portillo's.
- Be sure to check out the cheesy, caramely goodness of Garret Popcorn.
- The Magnificent Mile is home to many shops, restaurants, and a few malls. Find stores like Tiffany's, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
- The 900 Shops. Located on the Mag Mile, at the 900 Shops mall you'll find Bloomingdale's, Lululemon, Adidas, J.Crew, Club Monaco and many more!
- The Shops at North Bridge include Nordstrom, Sephora, United Colors of Benetton, Candyality and Vosge Haut-Chocolat.
- Water Tower Place. The largest of the three malls listed, Water Tower Place is on the Mag Mile and has Macy's, Chico's, Coach, Free People, The LEGO Store and American Girl.
- Some of the free sites to see are Buckingham Fountain, located in Grant Park, and Cloud Gate (a.k.a. "The Bean"), located in Millennium Park. You can get really creative with your photography at The Bean!
- To see more of the city, take an architecture tour via boat, trolley or walking. Learn about the history and the architects behind great Chicago buildings.
- Of course this list wouldn't be complete without the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower)! The Skydeck lets you see Chicago from 1,353 feet high.
Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to hit the beach! A few things to check out:
- Lakefront path. Sure, you'll be walking and on your feet all during the conference, but if you can, make your way to the lakefront path for some beautiful views of the city. The path is also great for a run.
- Navy Pier. Ride the Ferris wheel, do some shopping and even see an IMAX movie all at Navy Pier.
- Navy Pier fireworks. Cacth a free fireworks show every Saturday at 10:25pm and every Wednesday at 9:15pm during the summer.
We'd love to connect with you at SHRM! Stop by booth 4131 and meet our leadership team!