Advanced Resources is excited to celebrate National Staffing Employee Week! The American Staffing Association has dedicated September 16-22 to celebrate the contributions of the millions of individuals employed by U.S. staffing agencies every week.
During the course of a year, American staffing agencies employ nearly 17 million temporary and contract employees. Temporary jobs range from skilled trades to degreed professionals and are available in virtually all occupations and across industry sectors. Here are some interesting facts about the U.S. temporary workforce:
- Most (76%) work full time, comparable to the overall workforce (82%)
- Half (49%) of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job
- Nine out 10 said staffing work made them more employable
- One-third (35%) were offered a permanent job by a client where they worked on an assignment, and two-thirds (66%) of those accepted the offers of permanent employment
- While permanent employment is a top priority for most staffing employees, about one in five cite scheduling flexibility as a key reason for choosing temporary and contract work
“National Staffing Employee Week salutes the temporary and contract employees who contribute to the economy across our nation,” said Rich Diaz, President of Advanced Resources. “We especially appreciate every employee who chooses to work with us. Our employees are exceptional and while we are grateful for them every single day of the year, National Staffing Employee Week gives us the chance to collectively say thank you!”
Advanced Resources specializes in temporary and direct hire opportunities in technology, finance/accounting, healthcare, HR, and operations/office support. View our jobs today and make sure you join our Talent Community to receive alerts on our latest job opportunities. Click here to learn more about working on temporary assignments with Advanced Resources.